Cheese Curds - Lower Sackville

Location: 664 Sackville Drive, Halifax, Nova Scotia, B4C 2S5

Rating: 3/5 stars

We decided to give Cheese Curds a try again as they have several items in their menu that look good. I had not had donair in awhile so I thought I would give their Halifamius Donair Poutine a try. My wife ordered the Vietnamese Bánh mì Burger with a combo of sweet potatoe fries and soft drink. My daughter ordered the Triple Bacon Poutine and 2 bottles of water.

First off I want to say that the Restaurant was clean and the flavour of my food was good. My wife also enjoyed her burger and my daughter liked her poutine as well.

The only real issues we had was the value of what we purchased, especially the $3 bottled water that you can get almost anyehere for $1.00 - $1.50 at the most. Their idea of a "large" reminded me of a medium but charged a premium at $16.50 + tax which is basically gouging in my eyes. The donair meat in my poutine was minimal as well as they cut it in very thin strips to make it look like more. We basically spent $60 and I wasn't even full. We could have eaten elsewhere that was healthier and better value for an equal amount or less.

I am only rating 3 stars because of the value. It was "okay" but not a restaurant that we will visit often.

 

Comments